My investment portfolio


I update every month¬†with my thoughts about the progress of my investments. I keep updating from different platforms throughout the month ūüôā


Investment Portfolio Update December 2020

Investment portfolio
 Money allocationReturns last monthReturns in 2020Expected returns in 2020
P2P ‚Äď Mintos
Updated 2/12
24%+1,01%
+12,48%+12,50%
(2019: +12,63%)
P2P ‚Äď PeerBerry
Updated 14/11
10%+1,11%+8,26%+11,50%
(2019: +11,83%)
P2P ‚Äď Fast Invest
Updated 3/12
4%+1,18%
 
+9,04%+9%
(2019: +13,35%)

P2P ‚Äď Lenndy
Updated 14/11
2%+1,15%
+9,22%+10%
(2019 since Jun: +7,00%)
Real estate ‚Äď Reinvest24
Updated 1/11
1%+5,84%
+9,80%+10%
(2019 since Feb: +3,75%)
Real estate ‚Äď Crowdestor
Updated 15/11
2%0,00%
+4,46%+5%
(Started Feb, 2020)
Index fund ‚Äď OMX C25
Updated 22/11
11%+4,43%+24,43%+20%
(2019: +6,77%)

Index fund ‚Äď MSCI World Index
Updated 22/11
14%+2,04%+13,32%+15%
(2019: +10,29%)
Index fund ‚Äď DJSI World Index
Updated 22/11
8%+2,04%+11,94%+12%
(Started Feb, 2020)
Share in companies
Updated 1/12
10%+0,00%+00,00%
Crypto
Updated 22/11
5%+4,53%+11,94%+10%
(2019: +6,68%)
Opportunity money
Updated 1/12
0%0,00%0,00%0,00%
Emergency Fund
Updated 1/12
9%+0,80%+3,41%+3,0%
(2019: +2,04%)


Financially free progress

 Money allocationReturns in 2020
P2P ‚Äď Mintos
Updated 1/12
24%+12,48%
P2P ‚Äď PeerBerry
Updated 14/11
10%+10,54%
P2P ‚Äď Fast Invest
Updated 3/12
4% +9,04%
P2P ‚Äď Lenndy
Updated 14/11
2%+9,22%
Real estate ‚Äď Reinvest24
Updated 1/11
1%+9,80%
Real estate – Crowdestor
Updated 15/11
2%+4,46%
Index fund ‚Äď MSCI World Index
Updated 22/1
14%+13,32%
Index fund ‚Äď DSJI World Index
Updated 22/11
8%+11,94%
Index fund ‚Äď OMX C25
Updated 22/11
11%+24,43%
Shares in companies
Updated 1/12
10%
Crypto
Updated 22/11
5%+13,55%
Opportunity money
Updated 1/12
0%0,00%
Emergency Fund
Updated 1/129
%+3,41%


Financially free progress

2020

Overall Progress:

+13,96%

Monthly average growth:

+0,17%

  • January: 11,91% (+0,87%)
  • February: 12,28% (+0,37%)
  • March: 13,17% (+0,89%)
  • April: 14,33% (+1,16%)
  • May: 14,01% (-0,32%)
    *Removed Grupeer from the investment portfolio
  • June: 14,41% (+0,40%)
  • July: 14,73% (+0,32%)
  • August: 15,02% (+0,29%)
  • September: 15,49% (+0,47%)
  • October: 12,87% (-2,62%)
    *Paid off the car loan
  • November: 13,39% (+0,47%)
  • December: 13,96% (+0,57%)

2019

Progress:

+2,73%

In total was:
11,04%

Monthly average growth:

+0,23%

  • January: 8,31% (+0,20%)
  • February: 9,25% (+0,94%)
  • March: 9,52% (+0,27%)
  • April: 9,95% (+0,43%)
  • May: 10,05% (+0,10%)
  • June: 10,25% (+0,20%)
  • July: 10,53% (+0,28%)
  • August: 10,83% (+0,30%)
  • September: 11,27% (+0,44%)
  • October: 9,61% (-1,66%) *Paid off leverage loan
  • November: 10,08% (+0,47%)
  • December: 10,36% (+0,28%)
  • With return on investments in 2019: 11,04% (+0,68%)

2018

Progress:

+5,80%

In total was:
8,11%

Monthly average growth:

+0,48%

  • January: 2,31% (+0,0%)
  • February:¬†5,41% (+3,1%)
  • March:¬†5,63% (+0,22%)
  • April:¬†5,80% (+0,17%)
  • May:¬†6,20% (+0,40%)
  • June:¬†6,33% (+0,13%)
  • July:¬†6,50% (+0,17%)
  • August:¬†6,60% (+0,10%)
  • September:¬†6,87% (+0,27%)
  • October:¬†7,16% (+0,29%)
  • November:¬†7,61% (+0,45%)
  • December:¬†7,74% (+0,13%)
  • With return on investments in 2018:¬†8,11% (+0,37%)

ūüí° I have written an article about how much money you need to be financially independent. Calculation of the financially free progress depends on your expected budget.

Savings rate of income


The savings rate is the percentage of my income that I save, pay off debt or invest in index funds, P2P lending, real estate crowdfunding, etc.

2020

+57,58%

Monthly average savings rate

  • January: +62,07%
  • February: +70,23%
  • March: +62,35%
  • April: +66,49%
  • May: +67,30%
  • June: +46,05%
  • July: +47,97%
  • August: +43,60%
  • September: +56,19%
  • October: +61,78%
  • November: +55,21%
  • December: +50,60%

The expected average savings rate in 2020: +50-60%

2019

+40,49%

Monthly average savings rate

  • January:¬†+21,83%
  • February:¬†+56,34%
  • March:¬†+49,14%
  • April:¬†+49,27%
  • May:¬†+29,56%
  • June:¬†+51,34%
  • July:¬†+30,29%
  • August:¬†+38,15%
  • September:¬†+34,75%
  • October:¬†+45,66%
  • November: +41,39%
  • December: +37,45%

2018

+40,06%

Monthly average savings rate

  • January:¬†+20,10%
  • February:¬†+26,70%
  • March:¬†+25,57%
  • April:¬†+19,37%
  • May:¬†+41,12%
  • June:¬†+16,12%
  • July:¬†+19,66%
  • August:¬†+37,46%
  • September:¬†+35,35%
  • October:¬†+31,34%
  • November:¬†+46,84%
  • December:¬†+16,59%

Comments on the progress

 

This month, most of the saved money (and all my Opportunity Money) went into shares in some companies.

I have invested in the company behind the platform MintosOpens in a new tab.. Furthermore, I have invested in a listing of the Scandinavian trading platform NordnetOpens in a new tab..

These are long term investments which are quite interesting to me. I have used both platforms for many years with great experiences. 

I have also invested a small amount in my index funds. I do this automatically every month at the moment.

That’s it!  

 

Do you like these updates? ūüėÉ

Previous updates since 2018

  • January:¬†Savings rate¬†+62,07% |¬†See the portfolio January 2020Opens in a new tab.
    I completed Step 4 (Pay off any other loans) in 10 months. I will now focus on paying off my mortgage (Step 5).
    I invested again at Grupeer and Reinvest24. I have also invested in my index funds.
  • February:¬†Savings rate¬†+70,23% |¬†See the portfolio February 2020Opens in a new tab.
    I have chosen to go back to Step 4 (Pay off any other loans). I have taken a car loan and I will pay it off within 1-2 years. In the end, it will lower my transportation expenses.
    Furthermore, I invested for the first time at Crowdestor and added another index fund (DJSI).
  • March:¬†Savings rate¬†+62,35% |¬†See the portfolio March 2020Opens in a new tab.
    The saved money was used to invest at PeerBerry (34%) again. It’s actually the fifth time.
    Furthermore, I have invested in my index funds (18%). I have chosen to increase the monthly investment in my index funds since the stock market is really negatively affected at the moment. I have also saved 33% of the money in my ‚ÄúOpportunity Money‚ÄĚ. This money will be used to pay off the car earlier. Lastly, I have paid extra on the mortgage. Approx 15% of the saved money.
  • April:¬†Savings rate¬†+66,49% |¬†See the portfolio April 2020Opens in a new tab.
    I paused several of my auto investments to minimize my allocation in P2P lending. I increased my monthly investment in the index funds.
  • May:¬†Savings rate¬†+67,30% |¬†See the portfolio May 2020Opens in a new tab.
    I withdraw some money from the platforms Mintos and Fast Invest. I reduced my stakes and have restarted my auto investments. This will give me a better asset allocation.
    Furthermore, I have chosen to remove Grupeer from my investment portfolio. I think the outlook looks very long and uncertain. This was the reason for the decline in my Financially Free Progress. The saved money went into the stock market to take advantage of the situation. This is my main focus now.
  • June:¬†Savings rate¬†+46,05% |¬†See the portfolio June 2020Opens in a new tab.
    The saved money went into my index funds. This is my main focus now.
  • July:¬†Savings rate¬†+47,97% |¬†See the portfolio July 2020Opens in a new tab.
    The saved money went into my index funds. 
  • July:¬†Savings rate¬†+47,97% |¬†See the portfolio July 2020Opens in a new tab.
    The saved money went into my index funds. 
  • August:¬†Savings rate¬†+43,60% |¬†See the portfolio August 2020Opens in a new tab.
    The saved money went into my index funds and a bit in the “Opportunity Money”.
  • September:¬†Savings rate¬†+56,19%¬†|¬†See the portfolio September 2020Opens in a new tab.
    The saved money went into the ‚ÄúOpportunity Money‚ÄĚ. The money will be used to pay off the car loan.
    I also invested in my index funds.
  • October:¬†Savings rate¬†+61,78%¬†|¬†See the portfolio October 2020Opens in a new tab.
    The saved money went into my ‚ÄúOpportunity Money‚ÄĚ and I used all this money to pay off my car early. This will reduce my transportation expenses by more than 60%.

    Now I’m in step 5Opens in a new tab. and will focus on the mortgage while investing.
    I also invested in my index funds.

  • November:¬†Savings rate¬†+55,21%¬†|¬†See the portfolio November 2020Opens in a new tab.

    This month, most of the saved money went into my ‚ÄúOpportunity Money‚ÄĚ.

    I have also invested in my index funds. I do this automatically every month at the moment. Furthermore, one of my property investments at Reinvest24 was sold. It gave me a massive +5,84% in return. Pretty nice.
    I‚Äôm planning to move the sold asset to my ‚ÄúOpportunity Money‚ÄĚ and reduce the investment at Reinvest24.

 Money allocation:Returns in 2018:
P2P – Mintos31%+12,63%
P2P – Peerberry10%+11,83%
P2P – Grupeer7%+14,58%
P2P – Fast Invest6%+13,35%
P2P – Lenndy3%+7,00% (Since Jun)
Real estate – Reinvest242%+3,75% (Since Feb)
Crypto17%+6,68%
Index fund – OMX C256%+6,77%
Index fund – MSCI World Index4%+10,29%
Opportunity money0%0,00%
Emergency Fund14%+2,04%


Monthly average savings rate:
 +40,49%

 Money allocation:Returns in 2018:
P2P – Mintos

37%

+13,75%

P2P – Peerberry

3%

+6,36% (Since May)

P2P – Grupeer

6%

+4,25% (Since Aug)

P2P – Fast Invest

3%

+3,23% (Since Sep)

Crypto

29%

-85,14%

Stock – Vestas

2%

-14,03%

Index fund – OMX C25

7%

-10,54%

Index fund – MSCI World Index1%

-0,44%

Emergency Fund

12%

+1,88%

My investment portfolio


Monthly average savings rate:
 +40,06%

  • January:¬†Savings rate¬†+100%
  • February:¬†Savings rate¬†+77,70% |¬†See the portfolio February 2018Opens in a new tab.
    Started my blog ūüėé
    I borrowed money (APR 7,45%) to do leveraged investing. That means my financially free progress grew a lot.The money will be paid back over 3 years. Most went to my P2P investment Mintos (75%). The rest went to Crypto (18,6%), Emergency Fund (2%) and debt (4,4%).
  • March:¬†Savings rate¬†+25,57% |¬†See the portfolio March 2018Opens in a new tab.
    I invested in Crypto (70,7%) and the rest went to my Emergency Fund (29,3%).
  • April:¬†Savings rate¬†+19,37% |¬†See the portfolio April 2018Opens in a new tab.
    I invested in Crypto (51,7%) because prices have fallen a lot. The rest went to the Emergency Fund (48,3%).
  • May:¬†Savings rate¬†+41,12% |¬†See the portfolio May 2018Opens in a new tab.
    I invested in PeerBerry (58,74%) for the first time. The rest was invested in Bitcoin (41,25%).
  • June:¬†Savings rate¬†+16,12% |¬†See the portfolio June 2018Opens in a new tab.
    Most went to my Emergency Fund (75%) and the rest went to my index fund investment (25%).The reason for a small savings rate is because I had some very big expenses (a new bed and a wall shelf).
  • July:¬†Savings rate¬†+19,66% |¬†See the portfolio July 2018Opens in a new tab.
    Most of it went to my Emergency Fund (78%) and the rest went to my index fund investment (12%).I had another month with a small savings rate because I have chosen to spend a little more money on holiday (trip to Prague). We also bought a new refrigerator that is very energy-efficient (A+++).
  • August:¬†Savings rate¬†+37,46% |¬†See the portfolio August 2018Opens in a new tab.
    I invested in GrupeerOpens in a new tab. (80%) for the first time. The rest went to my index fund investment (10%) and my Emergency Fund (10%).I had to remove my cloud mining investment from my portfolio. Hashflare and CCG Mining were in total 7% of my portfolio. Unfortunately, it has not yielded a good return for a long time, and I have therefore chosen not to invest in cloud mining anymore.
  • September:¬†Savings rate¬†+35,35% |¬†See the portfolio September 2018Opens in a new tab.
    I invested in¬†Fast Invest¬†(74%) for the first time. The rest went to¬†my index fund investment (10%) and my Emergency Fund (16%).It’s the first time I invest in two index funds to have a more global focus.
  • October:¬†Savings rate¬†+31,34% |¬†See the portfolio October 2018Opens in a new tab.
    Most went to my Emergency Fund (86%) and the rest went to my index fund investment (14%).
  • November:¬†Savings rate¬†+46,84% |¬†See the portfolio November 2018Opens in a new tab.
    I invested again in GrupeerOpens in a new tab. (46%). I deposited some money for my emergency fund (28%). I have also invested a small amount in my two index funds (8%) and into crypto (18%).
  • December:¬†Savings rate¬†+16,59% |¬†See the portfolio December 2018Opens in a new tab.
    Most went to my Emergency Fund (74%) and the rest went to my index fund investment (26%).

My Pension and Home equity


The savings rate and financially free progress are calculated without my pension and home equity. 

I fell lucky that my current employer pays 17,30% of my salary into an individual pension scheme.

It will be paid out to me monthly when I reach approx age 68.¬†The agreement states that I get a lifelong payout¬†ūüė鬆

Furthermore, I will also get a state¬†pension and ATP (Lifelong Supplementary Pension) when I reach approx age 73. The pension from the state is questionable as it’s not guaranteed in +30 years from now. The government can change the rules (and they did before).

This is money that will not be paid out over the next several decades, so I have not included these. It’s too uncertain.

Also, I have not included home equity as I do not see my own home as an investment. We will always have a home, which will not yield a return. 

Join the monthly:
Stay Focused Email List

and stay connected ūüôā

 

  • Follow my journey and blog updates
  • Stay on track
  • Learn more during your own progress