- +14.58% in return last year
- 100% buyback guarantee
- Growing European platform with a positive reputation
Personally, I have invested 4 times now. I really like the Grupeer platform and the company behind it.
I use an auto-investment setup with a 100% buyback guarantee.
Frequently I update my Grupeer review to make sure the content is up to date.
Let’s look into it 🙂
Table of contents
What is Grupeer?
Grupeer is a fastgrowing European P2P lending platform where you can invest money into loans and earn interest every month.
They connect investors with more than 41 loan originators from countries like Norway, Sweden, Latvia, Estonia, etc.
Basically, you invest in loans and receive ongoing interest every month. Just like passive income!
My return on investment
My return on investment:
- January: +1,21%
- February: +1,16%
- March: +1,24%
- April: +1,15%
- May: +1,13%
- June: +1,07%
- July: +1,30%
- August: +1,30%
- September: +1,18%
- October: +1,33%
- November: +1,26%
- December: +1,25%
My return on investment:
- August: Started investing
- September: +0,69% (transfer costs deducted)
- October: +1,23%
- November: +1,04%
- December: +1,29%
What kind of return can I expect?
In 2019 I got a return of massive +14,58%. It was the platform with the best returns in my portfolio 😎
My personal returns have since I started in August 2018 been very stable. I get about 1,20% in return monthly which is equivalent to +14.4% per year.
The average annual return on the platform is +13,20%.
See my latest returns?
➡ I update monthly about Grupeer in my investment portfolio
(opens in a new window)
My loans that are late
Further down in this Grupeer review, I will share my strategy so you minimize the risk of losing your money. I haven’t lost any money since I started.
Loans that have defaulted (not been paid back) since August 2018: 0% 😎
|1-15 days late||0%||0%|
|16-30 days late||0%||0%|
|31-60 days late||0%||0%|
|60+ days late||0%||0%|
My personal Grupeer investment strategy and the platform itself…
How to get started?
The signup process
When you sign up you just need to provide basic information about yourself.
They also need a picture of your personal identification document such as your passport. They don’t approve driving licenses as ID.
To use the platform you must be 18 years old and they only accept money transfers from bank accounts from Europe (also Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland).
Transfer money to Grupeer
Before I transferred money to my Grupeer account through Transferwise. They give you the best exchange rate (no markup or hidden fees). The transfer was completed on the same day!
Unfortunately, Grupeer has chosen to stop this option and therefore you can only make regular bank transfers (SEPA transfer).
My auto-invest setup
Inside the Grupeer platform, I have one auto-invest strategy (They only offer one setup).
In general, I always use an auto-invest setup with a buyback guarantee.
The entire platform has a buy-back guarantee which is very good.
The opportunities in their auto-invest are limited but sufficient enough.
This is my settings:
- Loan Type: All
- The maximum investment in one loan: € 50.00
- Currency: € (EUR)
- From 13% annually
- Remaining loan term (months): 1 – 36
- Reinvest: Yes
- Strategy Auto-invest unlimited: Yes
- Buyback Guarantee: Yes
- Remaining principal amount: All (Not possible to change)
- Loan status: Current (Not possible to change)
- Repayment type: Non-amortized and amortized
- Country: 49 (Albania, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom)
Okay. Let’s dive more into this Grupeer review… 🙂
6 quick facts about Grupeer
- The platform went online in February 2017.
- The company is located in Latvia, Europe.
- +23000 investors have joined the marketplace already.
- +41 loan originators are on the platform.
- All loans are pre-funded and with 100% buyback guarantee
- More than € 64,000,000 in loans are funded by investors
They started in October 2016 and the company has +13 employees already.
The platform has a very minimalist design and easy to understand interface.
Overview of the platform:
The P2P lending investment
The interest rate offered is up to +14-15%.
The platform has mostly development and business loans (usually between 6-12 months).
You must invest a minimum of EUR 10 in one loan. When the money is in the account you can start invest immediately.
All loans have a buyback guarantee in case of borrower’s payments is delayed for more than 60 days. (If the lender can’t pay, the loan company repurchases the debt).
No risk rating is available, but they provide great information and pictures about the borrower or the investment project.
The availability of loans is fine but with rising investors, they should have more available loans. That’s also why I invest EUR 50 in each loan instead of for example 10-20 EUR. About 40 loans were available when I looked around last time. My investment is reinvested immediately the same day.
There is no secondary market yet but they started to develop this feature.
Grupeer sends no information to any Tax Agency or deducts taxes. You must do it yourself in your country. Remember that.
Join the monthly:
Stay Focused Email List
and stay connected 🙂
- Follow my journey and blog updates
- Stay on track
- Learn more during your own progress