- 100% buyback guarantee
- 14-15% in return
- Positive reputation
I update frequently my Grupeer review to make sure the content is up to date.
Personally, I have invested 3 times now. I really like the platform and the company behind.
I use an automatic investment setup with a 100% buyback guarantee.
Let’s look into it all 🙂
Table of contents
What is Grupeer?
Grupeer is a fastgrowing European P2P lending platform where you can invest money into loans and earn interest every month.
They connect investors with more than 29 loan originators from countries like Norway, Sweden, Latvia, Estonia, etc.
Basically, you invest in loans and receive ongoing interest every month. Just like passive income!
My return on investment
Return on investment:
- August: Started investing
- September: +0,69% (transfer costs deducted)
- October: +1,23%
- November: +1,04%
- December: +1,29%
Expected return on investment:
- January: +1,21%
- February: +1,16%
- March: +1,24%
- April: +1,15%
- May: +1,13%
- June: +1,07%
- July: +1,30%
- August: +1,30%
➡ See the latest returns in my investment portfolio update
(opens in a new window)
What kind of return can I expect?
My personal returns have since I started in August 2018 been very stable. I get about 1,20% in return monthly which is equivalent to 14.4% per year 😎
The average annual return on the platform is 13,44%.
Comments on the progress
➡ I update monthly about PeerBerry in my investment portfolio update
(opens in a new window)
My loans that are late
Further down in this review, I will share my strategy so you minimize the risk of losing your money. I haven’t lost any money since I started.
Loans that have defaulted (not been paid back) since August 2018: 0%
|1-15 Days Late||0%||0%||0%||0%|
|16-30 Days Late||0%||0%||0%||0%|
|31-60 Days Late||0%||0%||0%||0%|
|60+ Days Late||0%||0%||0%||0%|
My personal Grupeer investment strategy and the platform itself
How to get started
The signup process
When you sign up you just need to provide basic information about yourself.
They also need a picture of your personal identification document such as your passport. They don’t approve driving licenses as ID.
To use the platform you must be 18 years old and they only accept money transfers from bank accounts from Europe (also Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland).
Transfer money to Grupeer
Before I transferred money to my Grupeer account through Transferwise. They give you the best exchange rate (no markup or hidden fees). The transfer was completed on the same day!
Unfortunately, Grupeer has chosen to stop this option and therefore you can only make regular bank transfers (SEPA transfer).
My auto invest setup
Inside the Grupeer platform, I have one auto invest strategy (They only offer one setup).
In general, I always use an auto invest setup with a buyback guarantee.
The entire platform has a buy-back guarantee which is very good.
This is my settings:
- Loan type: All
- Maximum investment in one loan: € 50.00
- Currency: € (EUR)
- From 13% annually
- Remaining loan term (months): 1 – 36
- Reinvest: Yes
- Strategy Auto-invest unlimited: Yes
- Remaining principal amount: All (Not possible to change)
- Loan status: Current (Not possible to change)
- Buyback Guarantee: Yes (Not possible to change)
- Repayment type: Non-amortized and amortized
- Country: 49 (Albania, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom)
The opportunities in their auto invest are limited but sufficient enough that I will use this to save time.
Okay. Let’s dive more into this Grupeer review…
6 facts about Grupeer
- The platform went online in February 2017.
- The company is located in Latvia, Europe.
- +14000 investors have joined the marketplace already.
- +29 loan originators are on the platform.
- All loans are pre-funded and with buyback guarantee
- More than € 53,000,000 loans are funded by investors
They started in October 2016 and the company has +13 employees already.
The platform has a very minimalist design and easy to understand interface.
Overview of the platform:
The P2P lending investment
The interest rate offered is approx +14-15%.
The platform has mostly development and business loans (usually between 6-12 months).
You must invest a minimum of EUR 10 in one loan. When the money is in the account you can start invest immediately.
All loans have a buyback guarantee in case of borrower’s payments is delayed for more than 60 days. (If the lender can’t pay, the loan company repurchases the debt).
No risk rating is available, but they provide great information and pictures about the borrower or the investment project.
The availability of loans is fine but with rising investors, they should have more available loans. That’s also why I invest EUR 50 in each loan instead of for example 10-20 EUR. About 40 loans were available when I looked around last time. My investment is reinvested immediately the same day.
There is no secondary market yet but they started to develop this feature.
Grupeer sends no information to any Tax Agency or deducts taxes. You must do it yourself in your country. Remember that.
Join the monthly
Stay Focused Email List
and stay connected 🙂
- Follow my journey and blog updates
- Stay on track
- Learn more during your own progress